I love avocados which is no surprise why I also LOVE avocado banana smoothies. So creamy and satisfying, you honestly won’t taste the avocado or spinach that I use in this green smoothie recipe. I first tried this smoothie at a fancy schmancy hipster smoothie bar in South Beach. I watched the handsome 24 year-old greek looking model make it. He measured simple ingredients, all organic and straight from the farm, of course. I was bit skeptical. While I knew it would be healthy, I didn’t think it would taste this good. After paying $8.00 and taking my first sip, I was in heaven. I knew it would be easy to replicate the recipe.
Because this smoothie uses simple and healthy ingredients, it tastes so refreshing and is satisfying. I drink this as a meal replacement which helps for weight loss and making sure I get in extra fruits and veggies I don’t always get from my diet.
Try this smoothie and add it to your list of green smoothie go-tos for healthy meal replacements.
Recipe: Avocado Banana Smoothie
- ½ of medium avocado, ripe
- 1 cup of vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 frozen banana (peeled before freezing) or add 3 ice cubes if using a fresh banana
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Cut open avocado and remove the pit. Add all ingredients. Pulse and blend until smooth. Sprinkle with cinnamon.