Sure you can buy cranberry sauce in a can, but this homemade cranberry sauce is so delicious and easy to make, you’ll never buy that canned stuff again. I started making my own cranberry sauce a few years ago. This time of year I keep a container in the fridge to use even after Thanksgiving. It tastes great on a turkey sandwich, a bagel, or anywhere you may use a strawberry jam.
Use fresh cranberries, no point in the frozen stuff.
- 1 bag of fresh cranberries (don’t use the frozen stuff)
- 1 cup Cranberry Juice
- 1 cup raw or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of orange Juice
- Orange zest and orange peels
- Rinse cranberries well. Pour cranberries, sugar, juice, and orange zest and peel into a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil. Cranberries will start to pop so be careful. Reduce heat to medium. Stir.
- Lightly mash the cranberries; allow them to stay lumpy.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes and continue to stir.