I’ve had Paris on my mind now for about two years. It’s been on my vision board, my “claim it” list, my wish list. All of the above. But for 2015 I moved it onto my, “time to make it happen list.”
See, I went to Paris while I was a junior in high school. I spent 21 days there. When I returned, I just knew I would do a semester in college in Paris and maybe even live there one day as an adult.
Of course, none of that happened. (Oh to be young again.)
I didn’t know how, or when, but I knew I was going to go to Paris again, some day. I so wanted that day to be in 2015. So I got mentally ready for it. I found a few cute Paris t-shirts and bought them because I knew they would be the perfect tops to wear during the long flight to and from Paris. I even received a copy of the book, Eye Witness Travel Paris listing all the best things to do in Paris. I browsed and bookmarked my top locations.
I started using the hashtag #Parisin2015 on Facebook and Twitter. Soon people were emailing everything from Paris sweepstakes to deals on Groupon. Then I got an email about the Paris for Women trip hosted by One Brown Girl in Paris, TraceyFriley. All the stars aligned and I was able to make it work. I couldn’t believe it. I was going to Paris in 2015!!
Now that my ticket has been purchased and my seats selected, it’s time to get ready for what I’ll actually do while there. The trip isn’t until November but as you can tell, I’m very excited. You can never research too early to find the best things to do in Paris. Because Paris!
So here’s my list which includes a nice blend of food and culture and a little bit of wine. Please note, however, there will be a whole lot of cocktail tasting too. Just have to work on that for my next research project. I have about 4 months to finalize those details. Plenty of time, no worries.
Ten Things I Plan To Do In Paris
- Take a selfie in front of The Eiffel Tower.
- Eat Pain au chocolat from an authentic boulangerie (bakery).
- Take a walk along the Ile Saint-Louis while I take a few minutes to think about the Fam back home.
- Enjoy an amazing cheese tasting at Laurent Duboi hopefully while popping a bottle of champs.
- (Window) shop along the Rue Saint-Honoré and hope to run into Oprah Winfrey as she prepares for the holidays.
- Visit The Louvre Museum and take a selfie with the Mona Lisa like Jay-Z and Beyonce did.
- Visit the Palaces of Versailles and pretend I was Kim Kardashian planning my upcoming wedding week.
- Enjoy a fresh baguette slathered with some Bordier butter while I Skype with the kids and hubby.
- Sample some Macarons at Pierre Herme.
- Tour Notre Dame then find a crepe stand to recoup all those lost calories.