Mexico has a beach for everyone on every side of its coasts. I have traveled to Riviera Maya, Cancun, Playa del Carmen and can’t wait to go to Puerto Vallarta or Cabo San Lucas. From the talcum powder beaches, crystal clear Caribbean water to the giant waves of the Pacific where you can go humpback whale watching. If you’re considering a beach vacation, consider these Mexican beaches.
With a coastline of 10,000 km, Mexico has more than 450 beaches overlooking Pacific Ocean, Gulf of Mexico, Gulf of California and the Caribbean Sea. Each of these Mexican beaches is a memorable spot with different climates and points of interest. You’ll find many resort towns along the Caribbean and Pacific coasts. Not to mention the delightful local seafood and and varying cuisines. Every time I travel to Mexico, I make sure to sample the local cuisine. Everything from the tequila to the cheese can change.
There are a lot of great beaches and destinations, some of which you must see if you are planning to visit Mexico.
1. Playa Paraiso in Quintana Roo: A tropical heaven, Playa Paraiso is a perfect destination for those who seek silent rest under the sun and enjoy the scenic view of the Gulf of Mexico.
Trover photo by Pixamundo
2. Playa Carrizalillo in Puerto Escondido: Playa Carrizalillo is a fine beach known for calm waters due to its southern exposure. Located in Puerto Escondido (Hidden Port), this is a great beach for swimming and snorkeling.
Trover photo by Sergio Camalich
3. Hidden Beach in Puerto Vallarta: This is a unique beach that has been untouched by human hands. It is protected from the outside world as it can only be accessed by swimming through a tunnel during low tide. This beach is a masterpiece of nature.
Trover photo by Sparkz
4. Isla Espiritu Santo in Baja California Sur: Voted as the most beautiful beach in Mexico by Travel Magazine, the island is a marvel of nature. You can do everything from camping in solitude or be more adventurous by swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, etc.
5. Beachfront at Valentin Imperial Maya: A perfect destination for lovers and honeymooners as it caters only to adults 18 years or older.
6. St. Regis Punta Mita Resort in Nayarit: This newly opened resort offers incomparable experience, great service and is situated at one of the best locations in Mexico.
7. Coco Beach in Playa del Carmen: It’s a renowned tropical paradise known for its sandy beaches and turquoise waters.
Trover photo by Pixamundo
8. Mayan Archaeological Site in Tulum: It is the most picturesque archaeological site in Riviera Maya. An ancient Mayan fortress, Tulum rose to power towards the end of the classic period. Its most famous structure, Castillo is sometimes seen on the postcards.
9. El Arco at Land’s End: El Arco is a grand rock formation that erupts from the sea at the Baja Peninsula. The scene is breathtaking; in fact you’ll find pictures on many postcards.
Trover photo by Trevor Edd
10. Playa Escondida en Sayulita: Located at the south of Sayulita, this hidden beach is one of the gems of Nayarit coast. It is home to the exquisite resort by the same name.
Now that you have some information on what Mexico has to offer, plan you a long must needed vacation. Be sure to visit one of Mexico’s well-known beaches for a chance to get away from it all and enjoy what nature intended!
Many thanks to Trover for providing us with images and list of beaches!